Monday, July 31, 2006

Why I Married This Man...

You may recall in a past post I wrote about a minor meltdown in Baby Depot because Jeff did not like my choice in baby bedding. It was all a scam. I put the poor man through the ringer because he was trying to surprise me. I suck!

So I came home on Friday to a giant bag on the kitchen table with a card for me. (It was my birthday but I thought we had just decided to go to the mall and pick out a nice maternity dress for my gift.) I opened the bag and there was my French poodle bedding set, the one I had my heart set on, the one Jeff supposedly didn't like. (See the link below, this is not where we got it from, they have it at Baby Depot and online at Target but the picture is best on this overpriced Web site.)
http://www.babyuniverse.com/kit.asp?store=baby&lang=&id=2440

I was so surprised and then I started to cry, yes again, because I thought he had bought me this bedding that he didn't like and I didn't want to have a nursery he hated. He told me it had all been a ruse, he liked the bedding but he had decided to buy it as a gift so he didn't want me to buy it that day. So alas, all's well that ends well and I have a very good husband.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me decipher the universe of baby needs...swings and bouncers and car seats oh my! My friend Jeanette gave me practical, real life baby tested advice and my friend Britt gave me a list. You know how I feel about lists. I could practically color code it and die right now. I had dinner with another friend who is pregnant this weekend and she had some good recommendations that she had gotten as well. See, you ask for guidance and God provides. I promise to all of my friends when you have babies I will make you lovely color coded product specific lists in return for all of the graciousness I have been shown.

The other good news is that this week's food obsession - bye bye bagels - is salad. I have yet to have a really healthy food need so I am going to ride this as long as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emmy will love her pink poodle paradise! Jeff is the best, but I already knew that. Hope you had a fantastic birthday weekend!