Monday, July 17, 2006

Why Being Pregnant Alternately RULES/SUCKS

Being pregnant rules because you always have something to talk about, no matter who you meet, take for instance Albert Pujols. For those of my friends who don't live in STL, Albert is the Cardinals first baseman, leading home run hitter and overall deity of St. Louis. Jeff and I went to an event for the Pujols Family Foundation on Saturday night. It was a great father son bowling event in conjunction with the St. Louis Down Syndrome Association. The kids looked like they were having an amazing time. Everyone was knee deep in pizza, ice cream and cosmic bowling. You can't really ask for much more. Jeff and I had the honor of actually meeting Albert and his wife at this event via Jeff's contact at the Foundation. (Another awesome guy!) Albert was so kind and asked me when I was due and how far along I was. I knew that there was a chance we would meet him that night and I was worried because I tend to get stupid in those types of situations and start saying things like "How bout those Cardinals!?!" But having the bean to talk about instantly made things more comfortable. Side Note: I couldn't stop staring at his teeth, they are lovely. I kept thinking he should smile more when he is playing baseball. Jeff informed me that he is probably pretty intense when he is on the field (DUH!) and that smiling probably does not add to his overall threat to the opposing team. Good point.

Being pregnant sucks because nothing fits right and I still get the pukes every now and again. My old clothes don't so much fit but maternity clothes still have this puffy belly that I need to grow in to. I feel like Goldi Locks without a bed that is just right. I did buy a cute top this weekend. I have a meeting coming up for one of my clients that involves all of the creatives from the various agencies. I always try to wear something that says "I am smart and strategic and completely creative without being a poser." Yes I do understand that I actually am a poser by virtue of the fact that I try to find an outfit that says that I am not, but that is okay with me. Only I know that, well and all of you know that but none of them know that, so it is okay.

I was also very upset that I threw up my IHOP strawberry french toast yesterday. It was so good going down, I was sad to see it come up. You win some you lose some.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pea,
Would this help?
http://ingridandisabel.com/bellaband.html