Friday, July 21, 2006

It's Electric!

Jeff was singing the theme song to the Electric Slide this morning but the words had been changed to go something like this...(Hum along) Can't watch the TV - it's electric, boogie woogey woogey, don't have no AC - it's electric, boogie woogey woogey... We have now been without power for 36 hours. We had severe storms rip through The Lou on Wednesday night and lost power at around 7:00 p.m. We have not opened the refrigerator since in the hopes that the cool would stay inside and help decrease the spoilage. It is about 85 in the house which is not as bad as it could be considering it was 98 outside yesterday. We have been sleeping in the basement, it is sort of like a camping trip mixed with a Little House on the Prairie episode. We went to bed at 8:30 last night because well it was pitch dark in the basement but too hot to be upstairs so we talked about how we want to get new windows and then drifted off to dreamland right as someone was getting kicked off of SYTYCD. I was most upset about the fact that Wednesday and Thursday are pivotal TV nights for me and as Jeff astutely sang, the TIVO is also electric. UGH!!!!!

Well, folks, today is the big day. I am forming my drinking plan for the day and it started with a decaf iced latte from Starbucks. That is as good a way as any to begin my crazy liquid ingestion phase. I really don't feel any anxiety currently. God has blessed me with a lot of peace about the situation. No matter what we find out I know God is in control and He will help me figure out what's next. Now I am just excited to be able to see the bean I hope it is not shy. I have a weird sense that it is a boy but hopefully we will know more this afternoon. I will do a post-appointment post if we have electricity when I get home otherwise it will have to wait until Monday.

Have a good Friday and good luck trying to get the Electric Slide song out of your head...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So exited for you two! Can't wait to hear the news! So sorry that it's SO HOT and no TV -- all punishment for a preggy lady!