Friday, July 07, 2006

Belly Thoughts

I wish I looked more pregnant. Right now I just look fat. I have always been more on the Kate Winslet side than the Kate Moss side so I am not one of those pregnant women who looks like I swallowed a basketball. I have just sort of expanded around the midsection to the point where regular jeans are uncomfortable if I have to sit down but maternity jeans are just a bit overkill. I wish I had a nice round belly. I know I should be grateful that I have stopped throwing up and am actually gaining any weight at all. I am also not gaining much weight which should make "losing the baby weight" easier when all is said and done but I want to be a cute pregnant woman. I don't want people to look at me cross-eyed when I order a virgin daiquiri.

In other news I am starting to be anxious about the ultrasound. It is coming up on July 21 and I am excited to see everything and learn about the baby's progression and sex but I am also nervous. I want the baby to be healthy and growing well. I t think that is another reason I worry about the belly. What if the baby isn't growing and that is why my belly isn't getting bigger? I need to look up how big the baby should be right now. I suppose my belly wouldn't have to get much bigger to accommodate the bean since I probably have enough room in my belly for a flippin watermelon.

I know in about three months I will probably look back at this post and discuss how "crazy" I was for wishing I was bigger but such is life.

No comments: