Friday, July 14, 2006

Lucky Penny Part Two

Penny and I had a delightful visit. I met her outside as she was pulling up and the first thing she said was "look at your little belly." Maybe my belly is in better shape than I previously thought. I adore her boyfriend. He makes her visibly happy and I can't ask for anything more, plus he has this fabulous Scottish accent that makes him all the more likeable.

We went out to dinner and there was never a break in conversation - it was fun and relaxed and just downright pleasant. Our other houseguests had a late baseball game and another one early this morning so there was no clash of the houseguests as I had feared. We didn't even have to draw straws for the bathroom. YIPPEE!

The other major plus is I got to watch So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD) and Rock Star Supernova and get some work done before she even got there. All things considered Thursday was a banner day.

We are expecting record heat here in St. Louis all weekend which may be a good excuse to go to the mall - it is air conditioned. I will try to pull this off on Jeff and see how it goes. Definitely glad we finished the bulk of the yardwork last weekend.

I think I may have felt the baby move this morning. People say it feels a lot like gas pains with no actual gas so it is hard to know what is what especially with my looney digestive system, but I think it was the bean. I felt it first thing when I woke up as though it was saying good morning. I thought maybe I felt something last week too but I am more sure of this morning's feelings than last weeks. I wish my belly would just light up or something so I know what is what. Okay I suppose I ought to actually do some work today so I better get to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I'm the designated regular commenter... I saw Vanessa this week and since meeting for a drink or getting coffee is out of the question -- we went for a long walk! A better choice all around! I think you two are so close as far as how far along you are. You know how damn skinny and tall she is and she looked pudgy and her boobs, dear God I fear mine, were really big. She also has had the fake gas feeling and says it feel like a whoosh going through her belly. She also finds out the sex next week -- so exciting for both of you! Well, as you sign along to Tim, I'll be singing with Belinda tonight at the Greek -- the Go Go's are playing and Andy is oh-so-thrilled be to going!