Thursday, July 13, 2006

Lucky Penny

So today my best friend Penny is coming to visit. She and her boyfriend are moving to Nashville and stopping for a quick overnight visit on their way there. I am so excited but nervous at the same time. She has been my best friend since 7th grade and could care less what my house or appearence looks like but I still want everything to be perfect. ( I even washed my hair for the occasion, you know how much I hate doing that since pregnancy brought me a case of the frizzies.) I haven't seen her in over a year and she is the first new person to see the belly. (Sad little state that it is.) I just look fat and puffy as opposed to cute and preggo.

Jeff and I are going to the Tim McGraw/Faith Hill concert tomorrow. Yippee! I love me some Tim McGraw. I suppose it is okay that he brought his wife along this time, but next time I want a solo tour. I will write on Monday about how lovely he was and how ok she way.

I signed up for my childbirth classes and a breastfeeding class. I figure I am all about instructions so I will take everything I can get before the bean comes in to the world. They don't start until September so I have some time to study up before I go.

By the way I have so much TV to catch up on it is not even funny. Wednesday is like my reality TV bliss night but I have Bible study so I can't watch anything. Dear God, thank you for the TIVO and the person who invented it and the genius folks behind Project Runway and So You Think You Can Dance. I am enjoying Rock Star Supernova, although I believe it borders on hedonistic so I will try to enjoy it less than the rest of the things I TIVO during Bible study. XOXO, E

That's it for now, I am off to tidy up the house, watch my TV shows, pretend to work and await Penny's arrival.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny! Hi Alabaster! Are you still speaking? Not sure the McColls could handle a cross-country road trip. Pea, your blog is so you and so great for those of us too far away. I'll be a daily weekday visitor! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny! Hi Alabaster! Are you still speaking? Not sure the McColls could handle a cross-country road trip. Pea, your blog is so you and so great for those of us too far away. I'll be a daily weekday visitor! Keep it up!