Saturday, December 01, 2007

Ice Ice Baby

Today is a unique day for a couple of reasons.

1) Jeff and I were awake before Emmy. She slept until 7:11! It is so pleasant to awake not to an alarm and not to a fussing child or even to a singing child, but to your own body's circadian rhythm.

2) Everything is covered in ice. As we were making breakfast this morning Jeff and I were discussing this phenomenon, because frankly I don't get it. The water coming from the sky is rain yet when it lands it turns to ice. If it is cold enough to turn it to ice shouldn't it be cold enough to make the precipitation snow? You know? Jeff says that it is warmer in the atmosphere than on the ground. I am going to blame global warming. It looks like it is just raining outside but the dog slid down the sidewalk on his way to relieving himself. One really cool part of this is icicles. Also the individual blades of grass are encapsulated in ice. I tried to capture it on film but my photography skills leave a bit to be desired.

3) I am stuck inside and loving it. We made breakfast together and now we are going to give Em a bath and then we are going to decorate the tree. Jeff brought a tree home last night. Yippee!!!!! Now if only the Big 12 championship game weren't on in prime time it would be a banner day!




No comments: