Thursday, December 06, 2007

So Sad

I am at a loss for words to describe how I feel today. I am so sad for the families of the victims and the people who are still recovering from their injuries. Yesterday as the story of t eh mall shooting unfolded at first I just head shooting at a mall. I assumed it was one of the "not so nice malls" and that it was gangsters shooting at each other. (How callous is that? - We will get back to that in a minute.) then I heard it was Westroads, that is one of the nicer malls. Then I heard it was in Von Mauers, that is sort of like a Nordstroms. First it was five likely injured, okay I could deal with that. That was all we heard until around 4:00 when the Police Spokesperson said " we can confirm that nine people are dead." I thought surely she misspoke. Unfortunately she did not. I was just so sad. I called my friend and asked her to pray with me because I didn't know what else to do. I know there is not much more I can do.

I called all of my family here and everyone was good. When I talked to my dad's brother he told me that my cousin's husband and their two daughters left the mall about 15 minutes before the shooting started. It is all so surreal. Jeff and I were just at that mall on Sunday.

Friends and family is you read t his please take a minute and pray for the victims families, those still fighting to recover and teh entire city of Omaha.

Thanks.

No comments: