Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Bitter Taste of Victory

So I won, but it sure doesn't feel like it. Jeff came home yesterday and said we would have to get an artificial tree because he looked and no one still has live trees, he went to three different places. He said we would just use the fake tree like I suggested and get another real tree next year. We went to Target and bought a fake tree. Great, right? Not so much.

Jeff was REALLY sad. We talked about it and he said that Christmas is something that has a lot of good memories tied to it and for him a real tree is a part of that. He doesn't care very deeply about much besides people so since Christmas is something he does care deeply about it really effects him when it doesn't go as he had hoped. Ouch. Why would I take away the joy of Christmas because I have to vacuum a few (thousand) needles. I sure felt like a scrooge. I believe this is a valuable lesson in being logically right but morally wrong. Oops, hopefully lesson learned. I am giving Jeff a coupon in his stocking good for "no more arguments about real trees forever more."

1 comment:

Holly said...

cute.
what did he think of the coupon?