Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I Have a Date

I actually have two. I am so excited! No, not that kind of date silly, a playdate. Jeff and I went to a new church this weekend and we both really liked it. (As much as Jeff can really like anything - Jeff likes to limit use of adjectives when describing emotions.) I met a women there who has twin one year olds, a two year old and a four year old, oh and her husband is deployed in Iraq currently. (I am tired just thinking about it.) She introduced herself and we chatted. She invited me to a cookie exchange on Wednesday evening. Then she called last night and invited me to a play group she does tomorrow during the day. I really am excited. It is sort of like having a life again. I made my best cookies - they aren't pretty but they taste good. They called for chocolate icing to be drizzeled on top and I am not a good drizzler and I think I made the frosting to thin. Oh well. Look I am all nervous, this is worse than my first date in high school. Probably because I was a lot cuter then and no one was looking at my cookies, trust me. I even bought a new sweater to wear. I will let you know how it goes. Even if I never speak to one of these women again at least for one week I was excited. In addition I think the church would be a really good place for me to get plugged in. They seem to have a lot of activities and different ministries that really appeal to us. We will continue to pray for God's guidance as to where we end up.

In other news we have some friends from St. Louis who are in Ukraine right now trying to finalize an adoption. If you all could pray for Mark and Courtney that would be great. The power of prayer is awesome and this couple has been waiting for this adoption for three years and they are finally there and the two boys they are set to adopt may have family showing up out of the woodwork. I am just sick when I think about it but I know God has a plan for them. Thanks for your support for our friends.

No comments: