Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Oopsie

Well is looks like I did not achieve my goal of writing in my blog more in 2010.  In fact I actually wrote in my blog less in 2010.  I think I skipped entire months.  You see I did not foresee this move.  2010 was supposed to be the year of nothing, well that did not happen.  I don't suspect it will happen in 2011 either.  : )

Jeff officially starts his MBA program through Notre Dame on January 10.  That means every other weekend he will spend Friday and Saturday at their downtown Chicago campus.  He will also probably need to devote anywhere from 15-25 hours a week to studying on top of the 32 hours each month he will physically be in class.  This is a pretty daunting prospect for us.  Jeff has always been very good at work life balance but he is also great at giving me time away from everyone and everything.  Maybe I am spoiled or selfish but I also know I am a better mom for having some time with no one NEEDING me at that very moment.  It looks like some of that time is going to have to give because we don't want to sacrifice family time.  We will see what that looks like when the time comes.

Since about the beginning of November I have been waking up around six and having 30-45 minutes of quiet time with God before the kids get up.  It has been really nice.  God really reveals things to me through his word in that time.  I was doing a devotional/Bible study from Beth Moore called Jesus: the one and only but I finished that so I have just been reading the gospels.  I started with John and am now doing Mathew.  Today the verse that really stuck out to me was Mathew 11:28-30.  "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.  All of you take up my yoke and learn from me for I am gentle and humble of heart and you will find rest for yourselves.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." 

It is funny because last night Sam and Emelia were both having trouble sleeping.  I slept about five hours on Sunday night because Sam was up and then slept well Monday night but woke up feeling terrible.  I was so hoping to go to be early last night but just as I turned off the light Emelia woke up with a night terror.  They are so scary, she cries and screams and thrashes but is not awake and then just as abruptly as it started it ends.  So she went back to bed then Sam woke up and was up for two and a half hours.  Normally we are advocates of letting him cry it out because he will usually go to sleep and sleep really well once he wears himself out but my dad and Nancy are visiting so I didn't want to wake them.  It was rough.  You would think he was asleep and then he would start up again.  I was reciting this verse in my head.  Come to me all you who are weary (I was sooo weary) and burdened (at that point I felt very burdened) and I will give you rest.  (God, maybe you could start with the kids and then I could get rest.)

The funny thing is I could not remember what the reference was.  I thought it was in Mathew but I wasn't sure then God being the sweet one that he is showed it to me today as I read.  Thank you Lord for giving me rest for my weary soul and even for my weary body.   Yoga class here I come - if Sam isn't sick that is.   

1 comment:

Thuy said...

Will definitely be praying for the Moch family as you guys transition to Jeff's new work/school schedule.

Hey, are we still on to visit you the weekend of January 21? We are good with that, but in light of this post, I also want you to know that we can postpone if that would work better for you guys. Jeff may find that he needs to study or spend time with you guys or give you a weekend off, and we totally understand. Just let us know and we can pick a new date!