Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Things to Remember about Today

I ran six miles today.  I would have never thought I could run that far or for that long.  It was the strangest thing.  Sam has had a cold so I have not been able to go to the gym in a little over a week.  The last time I went to the gym Emelia had been sick so I had not been for a week before that either. Last week it was really tough for me to run.  I walked two laps to warm up (six laps is a mile), ran a mile, walked two laps, ran a mile etc. until I had walked one mile and run three. Today I walked my two warm up laps and started to run and figured I would try to run four miles.  I got to three and said, I can do five.  Then I got close to four and said I wonder if  I can do six.  I just sort of hit a zone.  It was awesome.  When I stopped I walked a lap and felt drunk.  I was dizzy and weaving and tired.  It was crazy, I thought man I should have just kept running.  I felt like Forest Gump.

Oh, and Sam said Please.  It was also awesome.  

1 comment:

Thuy said...

I love running (okay... right now, in theory, but not in practice!) because it's every man and every woman's sport. You run a race and see people of all shapes and sizes. I'm not at all surprised that you ran 6 miles because anyone who has functioning knees can train and do it!

So how 'bout that marathon, E?? I hear a little town called Chicago puts on a decent race every year.