Thursday, November 15, 2007

Why I am too old to text message

Okay so clearly I am not the target text message demographic, I get that, but every now and again I like to send text messages. Usually I do it when I know my husband is unavailable by phone or something along those lines. Well last night I wanted to get my friend to send me his email address. It was 9:30, which I believe makes it about an hour to late to politely call someone, but I didn't want to forget, so I sent a text message. Thinking I was funny I signed it "love your favorite midwestern housewife." (Yes I know you don't have to sign text messages but like I said I am not so good at this.) So he writes back and says who is this? I, again thinking I am being funny, write, silly goose it is me, e. So he writes back again and says seriously who is this. This particular friend of mine and I have an inside joke about punctuation, especially the use of i.e. So I write i.e. it is me. Then I went to bed. This morning I woke up to a text message saying "this isn't funny WHO is this? I have a sleeping six year old and if you have any respect for me you will tell me who this is or quit texting." OOPS! My friend that I was writing to has grandchildren that are around six but not children that age. I couldn't figure out what went wrong until I realized that I was using my friend's old cell phone number to send the messages to. I sent an apology text this morning but not before feeling like a gigantic idiot!

No comments: