Sunday, November 25, 2007

Make new friends....

but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold. I had that song, "The Friendship Song" from the Girl Scouts in my head today because last night I got to see some old friends. In the timeline of my life I suppose they are actually new friends but they are my St. Louis church friends which now makes them old. (Not in years but you know what I mean.) It was so nice to spend time with three women who I consider terrific examples of how to be a Godly Christian wife and mom. These women really are role models for me. Each of them are different and each of them will readily admit their flaws but they are all living each day trying to be the best wife and mother they can be. I love that about them. (Some are soon to be moms and even though they don't have kids yet (only a few more weeks) I still think they know more about Christian parenting than I ever will.)

I was at my friends wedding in Topeka Kansas, wow that is a boring drive , which is where I was able to see my friends. Jeff called me last night and said Emmy's diaper rash has gotten worse and that she howled when he tried to clean her tush after her two butt explosions. I think it might have a yeast component to the rash so I will call the doctor on Monday to talk to a nurse about her symptoms and see what we should do. In other fun news I came home this morning and tried to get Emmy to nurse since I had not nursed since yesterday morning, nor have I pumped, and she said nope. It is not time to nurse therefore I will not. Man she is a child of routine. I loaned my pump to my cousin since I don't really use it anymore so now I look like Pam Anderson. We will see if I can get her to nurse before her afternoon nap. If not I will just have to wait until bedtime tonight and hope for the best. So far it is not to painful but they are definitely firmer than I would like.

My friend Lindsey sent Emmy a Busy Ball Popper for her birthday and she loves it. It is by Playskool and I definitely recommend it to anyone with a toddler. I am not sure what the age range on it is but Em thinks it is loads of fun.

Jeff just told me that our realtor called and three separate people are looking at the house this weekend for the first time. Let's pray one of them is the right one!

No comments: