Monday, November 12, 2007

Make the Boxes Go Away

Well we officially own the house now even though we have been living here for two weeks. We closed on the house today and it feels good to get that out of the way. The previous owners let us preoccupy the house since they were not living here. The deal is these people basically went to this builder and built this house but in the nine months it took to construct it they got a divorce so they sold the house without ever having lived in it. It is a sad story to me. How does so much go so wrong in as little as nine months? Anyway, we own it and now we just have to finish unpacking. I am finding it a little hard to finish unpacking as there are some key furniture additions we will need to make in oder for everything to be complete and it is tough to work around that stuff but I am trying.

Jeff's parents are coming next week and I really want the house to look nice for them. I am sure they will tell us it is too big and too fancy but I at least want things to look nice.

I am reading a new book called Faith Based Family and it is rocking my world. It is completely challenging me not just on how I want to raise Emmy but on how I want to be as a Christian. It is a great book.

Back to the move, I still want to paint a few of the rooms but I am trying to decide whether to attempt it myself or pay someone to do it. I could probably do it myself but when we did that with the old house I saw every flaw every time I walked in to the room and I don't want it to be that way here. Maybe I will get a quote and then decide, or maybe the quote will decide for me.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Post photos of the house, por favor. :)

Anonymous said...

painting is fun! and you can always redo it if you dont like it :)