Friday, November 30, 2007

Pity Party of One

your table is now available. Sorry for the Debbie Downer entry yesterday. I feel much better today. After I sat and had some tea I felt a little more like myself. I got off my butt and dug out the sleep book which had some good suggestions and I took Murphy to the vet, who also had some good suggestions. I tried to count my blessing literally and they are to many to number. My friend Jess also gave me some good perspective. Sometimes I expect things to get better sooner than is realistic. I think I should just be able to snap out of it and put things together. I think that is my anal control freak side. Instead of waiting patiently while God works all things out for His glory I get to thinking I can fix it myself. Man I hope I don't pass that on to Emelia, that and my thighs oh and my freckles.

Turns out the vet thinks Murphy may have a urinary tract infection so he is on antibiotics. He also gave me a cream to put on his pee pee because it is inflamed. GROSS!!!!! But if it means he stops peeing in the house, I will put it on four times a day like I am supposed to.

We are expecting an ice storm tomorrow. I like winter and I like snow, I don't like ice. I don't like being unable to go places when I want to go. This will be the first big test of winter in Omaha and the weather people here. I discovered it is much harder to be a weather person in the Midwest than in LA. Fritz Coleman was always like "it looks like it will be 78 and sunny today, for tomorrow we think it will be 79 and sunny." The Midwest has actual weather patterns to evaluate and try to interpret.

Dear sweet blog thanks for bearing with me and loving me even when I am not sunny and cheery. So everyone can pray for Murphy's pee issue I have included his picture, how can you not pray for that dog! And here is Miss Em with the ballpopper extraordinaire.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You, my dear, were the one who taught me to embrace and except the "emotional roller coaster" that sometimes comes with life. It's okay to be sad. Give yourself permission to revel in it. Funks are normal and usual and when they pass, they provide/enable a peaceful sense of clarity. I also have been hanging onto something that was said to me awhile back but has resurfaced again. We all make choices. You can choose to be hopeful or hopeless or a billion things in between, but you get the point... I wish you would call me when you need a friendly voice. I'm happy to listen. xo, B