Thursday, November 29, 2007

Out of Sorts

I am feeling a bit out of sorts today. I am not sure exactly what my problem is but I feel a little bit isolated. I am sort of wandering through my days lately. I have no real plans other than grocery shopping and naps. I thought maybe I was just feeling a bit blue because of the holidays. I usually miss my mom around now. It could be that I am struggling with the move and having no friends here. It could be that I am feeling icky because the baby is being a fuss bunny today. I don't know what it is but I am sad. I miss my friends and I miss feeling like I have a sense of purpose. I feel like all I do is cook and clean and change diapers. Oh and clean up pee spots, for some reason Murphy has started peeing all over the house. Between Emmy's erratic naps and the dog's wayward bladder I am tired. I would get out the sleep book and try to figure out what to do about Emmy's nap but we have not unpacked the books yet. I feel like I am living in a state of flux. We haven't hung things on the wall in the bedrooms because we need to paint and we don't really have all the furniture we need to decorate the rooms so it sort of feels like we don't really live here. I just have this feeling like I want to go home and have my life back. I know that is not possible and it is selfish because Jeff is so much happier here in Omaha. I try to convince myself that I am too but I am not. I know I should be praying about all of this but I can't even put my mind to that. This whole funk is probably Satan trying to get at me and I know I am letting him. I just feel sort of sad and desperate. I wish my mom were here she was always the person I called when I feel like this. I could call any one of my friends but I feel like such a whiner, probably because I am right now. I just put Emmy down for a nap which is funny since this is neither her normal nap time nor her new nap time. Being type A is so hard. : ) At least that made me smile. If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

I think I will make myself a cup of tea and try to focus on the blessings in my life and pray that I snap out of this.

No comments: