Friday, November 16, 2007

The earliest blog entry

So as I sit here at my computer at 6:39, I have been up for almost two hours already - cripes, the day is half over! At least according to the baby. She woke up this morning at 4:54. I brought her back to bed with me and nursed her in bed hoping she would nurse and go back to sleep. No dice. She nursed and then laid there snoring, it seemed, for just long enough to get my hopes up before bolting upright and giggling. Oh man, that is early.

In an effort to find the beauty of God's creation in everything even the clock that says it is 5:00 a.m., here is what I noticed about my early start.

Starlight walks with the dog - it was lovely the stars were still so clear. Then as I came inside I was greeted by the smell of freshly brewed coffee. It reminds me of waking up at my mom's house.

Breakfast with friends - Since Emmy has taken to her Elmo doll the last few days she did not want o put him down for breakfast so Elmo sat in the high chair and joined us for waffles.

Sunrise - So I can actually see the sun rise over cornfields from some of the windows in my house. We live in a new development that is on the southern edge of 96th street. The pavement literally turns to gravel one block south of our street. Last night I saw the most beautiful sunset. (I took a picture of it and when I find the cord that connects the camera to the computer I will post it.)

A jump start on my to do list - Being as anal as I am, having the opportunity to cross even more things off of my to do list is exciting!

So good morning world may your day start as well as mine has... just a few hours later.

No comments: