Thursday, November 02, 2006

What Was That Twinge?

Well, I am pretty much ready for this thing to happen at any time. I will pack my hospital bag this weekend and we will put the car seat in Jeff's car and then we are all ready. I don't know why I think this is coming sooner than expected but I really do.

The two big things I am holding out for...
I made an appointment to interview a pediatrician and she is on vacation until 11/20. So I need to make it until after that. In addition I would like to put up my Christmas decorations and tree Thanksgiving weekend so if I can hold on until 11/27 I will be in good shape. I am a little more flexible on the Christmas decorating because Jeff's parents will be here for Thanksgiving so it might be nice to have Emmy while they are here, but we will see how it goes.

Sunday November 12 I will be 36 weeks which is considered full term and the healthiest possible arrival time for the baby (36-42 weeks) so I am game any time after that. With all of that being said I am now acutely aware of every nuance of motion/pain/ache/etc. That my body produces. What was that, was that the begining of labor? I promise I won't be one of those people who attempts to check herself in to the hospital five times and is sent home every time. I will probably end up waiting to long, but I am ready for the next stage of the adventure.

I know that the next stage will bring ridiculous difficulty and that it will be harder than anything I have ever done or ever will do, but I feel ready. Breastfeeding - I embrace the pain. Sleeplessness - bring it on. Diaper duty - I am armed with the diaper genie II - for serious stink. I know when that time actually gets here I will pray to God to make it all go away but at this point I just pray that God will make me a good mommy and Emmy a good baby and a Cardinal fan. God is good and He will see me through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the best parts about working in the same office as Erika everyday is getting to "live" Emmy's impending arrival everyday. We get to watch her boogie in E's belly and watch Erika softly pat her stomach to let Emmy know she's there. I can't wait to see her - most of us are thinking Thanksgiving....Emmy, we already love you and are anxious to meet you. You have wonderful parents who are ready to love you and live for you - you are a lucky little girl.