Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Functioning Human

I have returned to my regular state of normalcy - if you could call my regular state normal. I have stopped obsessing about things in the house and things at work. Thanks to all of you who have been praying that I would find some peace.
I have detected a pattern. I whip myself up in to a frenzy on the weekends because all I think about is home/baby stuff. Then I go to work on Monday, settle back in to a work routine and calm down. Then I wake up Saturday morning yearning to color code my closet. Everyone at work is convinced the baby is coming sooner rather than later because this nesting instinct has gotten so bad. I am evening nesting at work. I have cleaned out files and told people about my secret hiding place on the server and what not.
In other news, I was pleased to wake up this morning to the news of a democratic Senate victory in Missouri. This great red state of mine has elected a democrat to the Senate, not by much, but we did it. I think people may be voting less for the democrats and more against the republicans. It will be interesting to see what this means for our country and the war in Iraq.
Okay, enough rambling for now...

No comments: