Monday, October 30, 2006

34 Weeks and Counting

I had another shower this weekend. This one was thrown by my friends from church. My friend Britt flew in from LA and Penny drove in from Nashville. It was so nice. I had a great time at the shower and got so many nice things. It was great seeing Penny and Britt. There is something special about old friends. It was also nice to be able to introduce my old friends to my fabulous new friends. I realized that I am sort of a unique hybrid of the two. I still have some of my old LA ways but I have adopted many of the valuable Midwestern qualities of my new friends. (Most of my new friends aren't actually from the Midwest, but I associate all that is good about them with being a Midwestern thing.)

Speaking of special, my husband is tremendous. On Friday - game five of the World Series where we were probably going to clinch it all - he gave up his ticket so one of his co-worker's sons could go and so he could spend time with me. He brought me flowers and made me dinner and we watched the game together. I could not believe he would give up his ticket for me. He truly is selfless. What a great hubby!

We did in fact win the World Series and this town has not stopped buzzing yet. It is pretty neat to see how crazy everyone is about their Cardinals.

Not much else to report. I am just feeling ready. I have a weird feeling that I will not end up lasting 40 weeks. I just sort of feel like it is going to be early. I can't tell you why just an odd feeling. We will see, I also thought I was having a boy so my "feelings" are not the most reliable. I would like to make it at least 2-3 more weeks so that everything is full term but after 37 weeks I am open for business.

We'll wait and see...

No comments: