Monday, November 06, 2006

Anxious

This past weekend I spent a lot of time trying to convince myself that I was going to do really well with the whole labor thing. I am not going to have too much anxiety or fear and I will just kick back and enjoy these last few weeks of sleep-filled nights. I know God is in control and when He says it is time, it is time. Nothing to it....

I am a fool.

As I looked in the mirror today it looks a little bit like my belly is lower. Last night I had pretty serious Braxton Hicks or fake contractions as I call them and I wondered what was going on inside there. So then I convinced myself it is all in my head and I am nuts. I sit down to my status meeting this morning and one of my co-workers says the baby looks like it has dropped a little bit. Holy crap, maybe it isn't all in my head. Maybe she really has dropped. All of which means approximately nothing because the seven web sites I have looked at this morning all say she could drop two-four weeks before labor.

Well we definitely need to make it two weeks and four weeks is fine too, but I swear I am starting to get antsy. I can't concentrate on work, all I want to do is clean and organize and sort and fold and file. I cleaned out all of the drawers in the kitchen this weekend. I also made the world's most expensive trip to Super Wal-mart because I wanted to make sure we do not run out of anything until January. The pets have extra food, we have enough toilet paper to do a righteous eighth grade TP job - on the White House. I bought everything we need for Thanksgiving, even though it is a good two and a half weeks away. I did read an article today that says you should have approximately 150 diapers on hand for right after the baby is born. I think I only have like 75, holy crap, gonna have to go back to Wal-Mart. Seriously I am spiraling out of control. It sort of feels like I had about six cups of coffee and chased it with a side of Mountain Dew.

MUST CALM DOWN, MUST DO WORK, MUST NOT OBSESS...

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sister, breathe in, breathe out. This is not the one-woman-Erika show. You have a fantastically supportive husband and good friends and yes, God on your side. You're totally allowed to be scared and freaked but also know that you will be so well taken care of. I love you and am praying that you find a smidge of peace.