Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Two Down, Two to Go

So as previously stated there are/were four of us at church that were pregnant. The second of our friends had her baby this weeked. She is super cute. That leaves me and my friend with a January due date. We went to visit my friend in the hospital and she looked great. It is so weird, I think you sort of expect that the mom and dad will suddenly look different, but they look the same, just now they have a child. It is a bit of a weird phenomenom.

Now I really am in the home stretch. I am just over 36 weeks and technically Emmy could come at any time and boy howdy I am ready. Last night, I got up to go to the bathroom, came back to bed and 13 minutes later had to go again. I sort of think Emmy sits in there and waits until just after I get comfy and them uses my bladder as a trampoline. I think she thinks it is funny, I suppose it sort of is.

Today it is raining and for some reason this last trimester I get a bit blue when it rains. I think I tend to slow down a bit when it rains and that allows the sad feelings to creep in. I miss my mom something fierce and am trying really hard not to think about it. ( I know that is not the healthiest way to deal with it but at the same time if I let the water trickle through the dam, next thing you know I have a flood.) I really just wish she could be here to guide me and help me and just make me feel better about things.

In other news things are winding down at work. I am trying to off load as much info as possible to the team so that while I am out they can be moving all of our programs forward. I think I am going to have my last day be November 30. That is only about a week before I would officially leave because if Emmy is not here by my due date I am not coming in to the office to wait for her. The 30 is the end of a pay period though so that makes sense since I am not going to be paid for my maternity leave. That is really only about two weeks away. WOW!

Anyhoo, just waiting for the bean, I will keep you posted as I wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So excited for you and Jeff and so is your Mom. I just know she is with you in the quiet moments. Rain is a good reason to be quiet and cozy and to slow down. I love you lots and think about you often! PS: Gen told the world yesterday that she is 4 months along. She is due at the very end of April or early May!