Monday, August 07, 2006

What is it with Baby Stuff and Fish

So I did the deed this weekend, no, not that deed. I registered for all of the stuff I think I will need. Here is what I learned...

-The stores think you need a lot more stuff than you really do.
-There is no one around who likes us enough to buy us a crib so why do they want you to register for that? Buy your own darn baby furniture.
- Jeff thinks the baby should have pink EVERYTHING. I said, "You can pick between these three car seats as they are all the same brand just different patterns" and he picked the pink and gray "Lindsey" version. Go figure!
-The "best" high chair is also the ugliest but it is the only one with a washable and dryable seat cushion and two dishwasher safe trays so I picked that one anyway. I love my dishwasher almost as much as my husband.
-There is power in a scanner gun, Jeff and I fought over it in Babies R Us. I let him have it since I did Target by myself the day before.
-Baby Depot is the cheapest of all the baby stores but they don't have them everywhere. (They are inside Burlington Coat Factory.) So if you live near one, take my registries and go to the Baby Depot, everything is about $10 cheaper.
-Note to gift buying friends I don't really care what print the onesies or t-shirts or sleepers are, so pick the ones you like as long as it doesn't have trucks on it, even then I am not real picky.
-Breast pumps freak me out.
-I like to say the word Boppy. Say it, it is fun!
-I swear I could hear my mom giving commentary the whole time. "Look at those cute pajamas, get that!"
-And finally, I learned that you can always change your mind as I have already altered my registries online today. God bless the Internet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the man who wants pink everything! Pink is a fabulous color...as long as it isn't pepto bismal pink. Anytime the word breast and pump are put together is cause for concern - I feel you on that one! Boppy...don't think I need to say it out loud....just hearing it my head makes me smile and giggle....must start incorporating it into everyday conversation.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree -- I think the baby industry tries to persuade you into thinking all this stuff will somehow make mothering an infant easier -- somehow I don't think it works that way! Hooray for pink, bows, pink and all things girl! Don't forget glitter and feathers -- Pea these are your trademark accessories! :)

Anonymous said...

No chance of this baby being a tom boy! Do you feel like the baby sections of stores keep getting bigger and bigger? Our parents got by with so much less than people today. Diaper Genies crack me up. The poopy diaper sausage link is funny. BTW..Jim Kiniris and his wife would not let anyone touch her baby without using sanitizing gel on your hands first. Is that really necessary??