Monday, August 14, 2006

Insert Screw E into Hole Two

We did it! Jeff and I put together the first baby furniture purchase and we are still married. You see, putting together furniture in our house often causes domestic discord. I tend to get anal and bossy (imagine that), Jeff throws the directions aside, I freak out and we yell at each other until whatever furniture piece is built and fairly stable.

We put together the rocker I ordered from Target.com and it really only took 15 minutes. The chair looks nice and it perfectly matches the bedding set we bought. Slowly but surely we are getting the nursery together. We are taking baby steps because otherwise, like everything else, it starts to feel a bit overwhelming.

The other very exciting thing that happened this weekend is I watched football. Oh sure it is preseason and the key players only play for one possession, but it is still football. I LOVE FOOTBALL! It is so much better than baseball, we watched that too. I can't wait for the regular season to start. The only other girl that I know that relates to my excitement is my friend Kim. Kim is a big Pittsburgh Steelers fan and I am a big Dallas Cowboys fan and one year when we were both running around in the same circle in college they played each other in the Super Bowl. It was a big day for Kim and I. My boys won that game but it was the cause of a solid week's worth of animosity. I thought of her as The Bus and the Steelers won last year. I didn't know where Kim was but I was sure she was thrilled. Enough about football for now...

Emmy has started to kick or punch or do Tae Bo or something every morning when I wake up. It is like she has a morning workout plan. (Maybe she is trying to encourage mommy to get out of bed and work out I don't know, but it feels funny.) It sort of feels like gas with no pay off. I sort of enjoy it though, it seems like our little secret time together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was watching the Steelers win their 5th, yes I said 5th, Super Bowl ring with extreme glee. I, too, am happy about the start of football season. Are you sure you want your little girl to be a Cowboys fan though? Just something to think about, black and gold look pretty good together...

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you two! Andy and I have not put one thing together. I know it won't go well. When we loose the internet connection or the cable is funky, all hell breaks loose in his world. Thanks goodness I had years of Carmen yelling "Jesus Christ" to prepare me for married life!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, flashbacks to Kim and that crazy yellow towel flying over here head in some hotel room at a formal. I fear for football season here in Nashville....orange will be EVERYWHERE. I hear people even buy the orange Kenmore appliance to show their pride. Yikes!