Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The First Shower

Our first "informal" baby shower is this weekend. It is in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with Jeff's family. I am pretty sure it is really an excuse to get together and play cards but I might be wrong. His family is BIG on cards. I stink at most every card game but they are kind enough to teach me idiot games that keep me occupied.

I am excited to see his family. We will probably get to see about 1/3 of them. Sister Shellie is coming in from Minneapolis and sister Liz will come in from Makokota, Iowa and then Rodney, Amy, Karen and Dave all live in CR. The only bad part is boarding the dog and the five hour car trip. I hate road trips. If it is more than three hours I would rather fly but this shouldn't be too bad. I will take a book and try to sleep a little.

Speaking of sleep, I have been getting very little the last few nights. For some reason I have not been sleeping well and it wreaks havoc on my body. I am exhausted by 9:30 am and crabby by 3:00 pm. I just keep waking up to pee and then not being able to go back to sleep. Last night was pretty good but I kept dreaming about Hell's Kitchen. Who said reality TV was bad for you. I think it is just getting harder to get comfortable. It sort of feels like I am sleeping on a sack of potatoes. Nothing hurts it just feels odd. I am sure that will only get better - ok so not really.

I am approximately 23 weeks this week. When I think about that I realize I am more than halfway there. I sort of think 30 weeks will be a big deal because really it is a total crap shoot from there on out. Oh boy, I already get panicky just thinking about it.

No comments: