Friday, August 04, 2006

The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

Like I said, we are registering this weekend and I have been studying. I have called people, reviewed emails from new moms, read my Baby Bargains book and checked on Consumer Reports web site. Basically I didn't study this hard for the SATs when I took them. You would think that my child's very future depends on what high chair I buy. I dreamed about Pack and Plays all night last night. That and the Sig Eps formal. Don't ask, it is a long story.

In other news, I just got an email from my friend announcing that leggings are the big thing for fall. I can remember a time when I lived in leggings and big oversized sweatshirts. That was our winter uniform in college. I may have to revisit those times. Perhaps that will bring me comfort when I have a screaming newborn and it is 8 degrees outside. I look forward to January.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun registering! look up "wileen kromhout" on babiesrus.com -- she was a friend at Pepperdine who also had her first child this year and was carefully instructed on stuff to register for from a mom of a toddler -- just in case you want some extra ideas and/or confirmation!

Anonymous said...

Love the pink poodles! What a fun theme for her room! Leggings and tights are fantastic. Oh the days :)

Anonymous said...

leggings and oversized sweatshirts -- we may have to go shopping then at the Inland Center Mall! I believe we can find them at Forenza? Or was that the brand name? Now should we get those leggings with or without stirrups?