Sunday, August 03, 2008

Ahh, it is that time of year

Today is a great day. Yes it was 99 degrees here today and yes my daughter was a bit fussy but who cares, today is the first preseason NFL game. I know that it is basically no one vs. no one because after the first possession each team puts in their scrubs, but who cares, it is football and I love it! I have always liked football. My mom liked football for some reason and we used to root for the Cowboys - I still do. As I got older and dated boys who liked sports I got more in to sports. I have ZERO athletic ability but I like to watch most sports. I love baseball, like basketball and tolerate baseball. (Baseball is better in person with a beer and a hot dog.)

Football is just good and I will happily spend every Sunday until February watching football and eating bean dip. (Note to self, add 40 more minutes of cardio a week) Here is a list of things I love about football.

1. It moves fast and is pretty much constantly exciting.
2. John Madden and Al Michaels
3. When they play in throw-back unis
4. The grandstanding, except for T. O. and Chad Johnson - they are just annoying and I will never forgive T.O. for standing on the star when he was a 49er - I cursed him that day.
5. Football food
6. NFL Sunday ticket on DirecTV
7. The kicker - don't ask me why but I love a good kicker, no one pays attention to them until the final seconds
8. A two-point conversion
9. A good trick play
10. The rerun of the Stanford band almost getting killed that they inevitably play once a year.

1 comment:

Michael C said...

My 25+ years of being in deep love with NASCAR has prevented me from really getting to know Football. I'm ashamed to say that it's the one pro sport I don't watch much of because after sitting in front of the TV for 5 hours every Sunday watching a race, the last thing I feel like doing is watching more sports.

And by the time the race ends, my family is usally in line to be able to watch something on the 'good' TV ;-)