Monday, July 28, 2008

Time to change the profile

So today I am 34. It doesn't feel any different then 33 which quite honestly doesn't feel any different than say 27. I was chatting with my niece this weekend about leaving for college. I told her I don't feel that far removed from college even though it has been 10+ years since I was in college. Maybe I am just fooling myself but I still feel pretty youthful, smarter but youthful.

Someone recently made the comment that I have lived a lot of life for being 33 and I sort of agree with that and yet all of the aspects of my life still seem so vivid to me. I don't feel old but I do feel older. I like where I am. My life is good and I feel blessed.

3 comments:

Michael C said...

I am glad that you can look so fondly upon your b-day!!!!!! It's always a good time to take stock and be reminded of how blessed you are.

Happy B-day. Now, I'll have to find some b-day Flair to send your way!! ;-)

Thuy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, E!!! I hope you had an awesome day and that Jeffy did a good job at celebrating the day you were born. :) I miss you a ton. You're in my thoughts!

I had saved 2 messages from last year that you left on my work number. I saved them on purpose because the first time I listened to them, I thought, "That's hilarious. I should save this so I can hear E's voice later and laugh just as much." And E, I did exactly that this past weekend as I cleaned out my inbox. One was a message asking us to come over because "Jeff asked to see the Witts for his birthday"...and then you proceeded to convince me to convince Ry Ry that southwest burgers had some salsa in it but wasn't too scary. :) Another message was your demanding to know why I wasn't sitting at my desk so I could answer your call. They just made me smile so much and reminiscent of the days when we could just hop on over to your house. That was a sweet time. But I'm so happy that where you are right now is also a sweet time in life.

Courtney said...

Happy birthday! :)