Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Shot Heard Round the World

Okay so maybe it was only heard around St. Louis but I swear people in the next zip code over heard Emmy scream when she got her five, yes five, shots last night. It was awful. I cried when I saw the contorted look on her little face. It is so hard to watch someone hurt your child. I know these vaccines are a good thing but man after last night a part of me never wants her to have another one. Today she is so sleepy and cranky. Luckily the sleepy outweighs the cranky. When she is awake she is pissed but then she falls asleep and forgets how mad she is.

Confession...

I have spent the better part of today organizing and strategizing for my grocery shopping tomorrow. My friend found this web site called thegrocerygame.com which tells you where the best deals are and matches them with coupons from the paper and the internet. I am about to get me some 87 cent pop-tarts tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited! YOO HOO!

I asked Jeff last night if he is living the life he thought he would be. I mean he didn't marry a stay at home mommy. He married crazy ambitious career lady. I am not the same person I was even a year ago. Truthfully, I am so much happier now than I was then. I never knew that I would love being at home with the baby and organizing the house and grocery lists and what not as much as I do. Jeff said he is actually happier now too. He said that he feels like he is a priority in my life and that family and our lives together are the top thing in my life. I would have to agree, but how sad that for the last five years of our marriage he has felt in some small way like he was competing with my job. That makes me very sad. I am not sad about my past, not one bit of it, because it has taken being there to get to being here. It just makes me so grateful that I can turn my neurotic singlemindedness to something healthy.

Remind me to tell you about the miracle of breastfeeding tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pea, we all find our path…one way or another. And it may change again and that's okay. It would be boring if life turned out to be the path we predicted for ourselves in our 20s. Seriously, I married the boy from Scotland that certainly wasn't the plan. And neither was Martin's divorce and falling in love via eharmony. But, you know, it all works out, we all find our way and contentment well it’s not about a job or being 110 lbs. or any of the other malarkey that we get so obsessed with.

CAGdad said...

Hey...you're still married and have the most beautiful gdaughter in the world (to me anyway. You are both special and loved by nancy & I