Tuesday, February 06, 2007

More Shots

Today is Emmy's 8-week check up. That means more vaccinations which sends a chill of terror down daddy's spine. (I think he hates the shots more than she does.) I can't believe it has been 8 weeks. I am still really enjoying being home with her. We are sort of getting in to a rhythm, but she does like to keep me on my toes. She has started to make all kinds of noise for about 20 minutes before she falls asleep. The trouble with this is that my adrenaline surges with each noise she makes because I think she is going to start crying. I should know better but I can't control my body's response. This to shall pass I assume. I am looking forward to the time when she sleeps through the night consistently. Now that is a word that every new parent should remove from their vocabulary because there is nothing consistent about babies. Last week she went for two six hour stretches. (I think she was just showing off because my friend Gina was in town.) Last night she went four hours and then five hours... none of this is cause for complaint, I am just saying there is no consistency which is a challenge for this timeline driven mom. If only I could put her childhood on a spreadsheet this would be so much more manageable. Alas, since I can't I will just enjoy the goodness that radiates from her sweet little face. We finally captured some smiles on camera, so here they are.







This is her singing in to her thumb. She does take after her mom. We are singing to Jesus Walks by Kanye West. Some parents play lullabyes, I prefer slightly contoversial, culturally relevant rap.

No comments: