Thursday, February 22, 2007

All Night Long...

Ladies and gentlemen we have achieved a major milestone... Emelia Mae has slept through the night for the last six nights. Every night when we go to bed I think "she will wake up at 1:00 tonight I am just sure of it" but then she doesn't wake up until sometime between 5 and 7. It is so heavenly. I have even stopped waking up at 1:00, 3:00 and 5:00 waiting to hear her. I will say I have been having some crazy dreams with all of this continuous sleep.

We bought Emmy this new activity gym - ok so I bought it - I can't resist anything that says it will help her develop. I mean even if I screw her up, if she has enough developmental stuff, it will counteract my weirdness. She just loves it. This morning she spent 20 minutes on the floor kicking the beach ball rattle and staring at herself in the mirror. She just giggled and smiled at herself. Jeff thinks she was trying to tell "the other baby" how cool this new toy is. (We think when she sees herself in the mirror she thinks it is another good looking baby that has come to hang out with her.) I can't get over how much I love her and how much I enjoy being with her.

We have started to get in to a little bit of a routine of sorts, it is so great. I really don't think I have ever been this happy. God has blessed us so richly and I am so grateful. That isn't to say that there are not times that are stressful, like when she has a crying fit in Target at the check out counter, but overall things are good. It is ironic to me that I thought that with the reduction in income from me staying home we were going to have to give up some life's goodies. I don't miss a single one of them, at least not so far, and in fact I think right now we are really experiencing life's goodies for the first time. I have been to a lot of plays, concerts and sporting events; I have drank a lot of fancy cocktails in "hot" bars and eaten amazing food in five-star restaurants, but none of that fleeting happiness compares to the joy in my life right now.

Before I turn in to a complete mush-pot I will sign off...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading this brought great joy to my heart, friend. I'm so happy you're happy, and that Emmy continues to be such a good, sweet baby. I was thinking the other day as I was praying how grateful I am to have friends who are moms already, so that when my time comes down the road, I will have vast mommy instruction resources. Can't wait to see you Tuesday night.