Thursday, October 26, 2006

Large and in Charge

I feel VERY pregnant right about now. I am not sure how there is still room for my intestines because it feels like I am all baby and all belly. Emmy has taken to kicking/hitting less and swimming more. I can feel her doing flip turns and the backstroke it seems like. Apparently your fluid level increases fairly dramatically in the last tri mester which is part of the phenomenon. It is such a weird feeling. For my non-pregnant friends, try to imagine someone moved your pancreas a little to the left and then to the right and then back again. For 32 years my insides have been relatively stationary and now I have Michael Phelps in there swimming for his eighth medal.

I made the last of my doctors appointments today. It really hit me that I only have about 6.5 more weeks. CRAZY!!! I have been talking to my friend who's baby is going on two weeks old and she basically said it is so much harder than you can ever imagine. I am trying to practice imagining it to be the WORST thing in the world so maybe, just maybe, I won't be so caught off guard. Every night I pray that God will let Emmy be healthy and happy and that He will make me a good mommy.

In other news, the Cardinals are now in the World Series so the LONGEST SPORTS SEASON EVER, continues to roll in my house. I am trying so hard to be supportive of Jeff's Cardinals love affair, but I am really quite over it. I want the Cardinals to win because I would love to see this town rewarded for its faithful devotion, I just would like to see them win soon.

No comments: