Friday, October 20, 2006

What Do You Call a Baby Cardinal?

The Lou is all abuzz today as the Cardinals pulled out an unbelievable nail-biter of a win against the NY Mets to win the NLCS and advance to the World Series. At one point we were going to be lucky to even make the playoffs and now we are headed to Detroit to play for the big money. Needless to say this is big news in my house.

Last night I was taking a bath when Jeff came in wearing a red STL stocking cap and red STL gloves. "I have to go to the gloves, it is 1-1 in the 8th, the gloves are lucky." Whatever you say big guy. I love my husband for being such a nut.

Baseball has pretty much taken over every aspect of our lives at this point but Jeff obviously still has an eye on the fact that we are going to have a baby, as evidenced by the following post on his blog.

"A couple nights ago I actually prayed that Emelia would like baseball. I am sure it is because the Cards are in the post-season and I think about baseball a lot right now. When I went to Game 4 here in St. Louis, where the Cards clinched the series and advanced to the NLCS, I spotted several families and it made me think about how cool it would be to be at a game with my daughter and, hopefully, to have her root for her favorite player and be excited if we win and sad if we lose. Of course, she might hate baseball, and that is OK, but I can dream, can't I?OK, honesty alert--I just re-read that last graph. It really will not be acceptable if Emmy doesn't like baseball! : ) "

That's pretty cute huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emmy will be the coolest girl ever is she can talk baseball at a tender age! And it will only captivate those same boys as the teenage years begin. (Perhaps you shouldn't tell Jeff that part!)