Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Beginning of the Baby Chain

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but there are four of us at church that are pregnant. Our due dates are as follows, Oct. 8, Nov. 20, Dec. 10, Jan. 11. It is a certifiable baby boom.

My first friend was due Oct. 8 and her baby boy showed no sign of being ready to enter the world. After another week and still no movement the doctor recommended a c-section. So yesterday morning she went in and two hours later she had a baby. He is 8lbs. 10 oz. and apparently has a record setting large head. (Thank goodness she didn't try to fit that through the birth canal if you know what I mean.) Jeff and I went to visit the couple last night. Everyone is doing well. I asked her if it was weird to suddenly have a baby and she said it was a little strange but that from the minute they put him in her arms she felt like she had been holding him forever. Now she maintains that she still feels clueless so it isn't like suddenly she has the answers to every baby mystery out there but she feels like she can do it. That was like music to my ears.

I hope it is the same way for me. I am starting to reach the point where I am ready to be done being pregnant and to start caring for Emmy. I am still scared of toxic diapers and uncooperative breast feeding but I am ready to try it. Everywhere I turn there is differing advice on how to do just about everything relating to baby. I have decided to be informed but to spend more time praying than reading because I figure if anyone really knows how to do it it's God. So why not go to the source. So today I feel ready but tomorrow who knows, I might be back to being petrified. I was an emotional nut before getting pregnant, addiing all of the extra hormones surely didn't help matters.

No comments: