Monday, January 09, 2012

Holy Detox Batman

I am not normally one to talk about poop... okay who am I kidding, I am TOTALLY one to talk about poop, this morning's was a doozy.  I wish I had weighed myself pre and post, I am sure I lost two pounds.  Yikes!  It did make me feel a strange sense of accomplishment because I felt like I am actually getting rid of the residual junk in my body.   

I slept great!  I slept soundly and woke a few times to pee but was able to go right back to sleep which is rare for me.  I woke up at 6:15 feeling rested and refreshed. 

I still missed my coffee with my quiet time but the decaf green tea felt slightly more satisfying today.  The beet/carrot/apple/mint juice for breakfast however, was not my favorite.  It was drinkable and not in a hold your nose and suck it down sort of way, but something just did not taste great to me.  I am not sure if I should have peeled the beet first or maybe it was the mint.    (Bonus side effect, the kids were fascinated with the juicer so I made them some orange kiwi juice which they loved.)  Tomorrow I will stick to my carrot/grapefruit juice or maybe try one of the smoothie recipes.  Again though, I don't feel hungry.  I still had to fight the urge to eat my kid's food.  I made them scrambled eggs, which I often eat for breakfast, and I really wanted some.  I think what that says to me is that I eat what I crave not what I need.  Hummm, now what to do with that?!?

I find myself looking forward to my next meal or snack.  This morning I think I will hit the gym for some yoga and take my trail mix with me.   I am interested to see how this process effects my yoga practice.  I worry about having enough energy but we will see.

1:53 p.m.
Yoga was hard but I think that is mainly because I have not been to class since Thanksgiving. 
I was not hungry after class but man, I wanted a snack.  I had already eaten my trail mix on the way to class since I drank my juice at 7:00. 

As we struggled to get out the door on time I found myself feeling resentful about not being able to have a latte.  Oddly enough when I picked Emelia up from school I really wanted Jimmy John's.  I was hungry but for some reason I really wanted a sandwich.  The cravings seem to be so much stronger today and I am a little more frustrated by my lack of choices.  I also am feeling a little tired.  The dietitian who created the cleanse said you can expect headaches and fatigue the first three days.  We will see.

Lunch: Kale/Carrot/Red Cabbage/Parsley salad and two fruit and nut balls.
I feel physically satisfied but I really want a snack.  I usually try to relax at least half and hour while Sam naps and Emelia watches a movie and I think I associate that with food.  I definitely see some patterns here. 

I am feeling a little deprived today.  I think it is because food or drink is often a reward for me.  After Sam wakes up from nap I am planning a trip to the Goodwill as a treat of a different sort. Let's hope that works because when I think about 19 more days of this it feels really daunting.  I am trying to focus on one meal or snack at a time.  Next up roasted cauliflower for a snack!

Evening
My snack was good as was my dinner the Roasted Beet soup again, but today was really hard.  It felt like constant cravings, hopefully tomorrow will be easier.

No comments: