Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cheating

6:55 a.m.
As I start day three I am really proud of myself for not cheating.  Usually with any sort of food related thing I nip a little from Sam's plate, doesn't count, I nip a little from Emelia's snack, doesn't count, but this time I have not eaten anything but the suggested foods.  I have not added or subtracted anything, I have just followed the plan.  With each day that I invest I feel like I am less likely to cheat because I have invested so much. 

 Breakfast: Orange Berry Smoothie
 It is delicious but I am almost disappointed that there are no veggies in it.  It feels
 like I am not eating as healthy.  I think because I can suck down a fruit smoothie without any special discipline but add some carrots and it may be a test of my will.  (It truly isn't because carrot juice is so sweet, but you get the picture.)

 I miss my coffee.  The tea is fine but I miss the delicious creaminess of a well balanced latte.  What I may actually be missing now that I think about it, is the sweetness of the sugar-free vanilla syrup and the creaminess of the nonfat milk.  Off to get ready for Bible Study.

2:13 p.m.
I had my trail mix while I was at Bible study but I was really wanting carbs.  Today my group added new members and I was asked to split off and lead a group of my own.  I am terrified.  I suddenly felt like a 12 year old girl trying to talk about the Bible with all of these older wiser women.  After I calmed down and could really think about it I know God will lead these women through me which takes the burden off of me.  All I have to do is pray and listen to Him.  As my stress level increased so did my desire for snacks.  I have come a long way from where I used to be as at least I was craving pretzels and not Taco Bell.  : )  Yeah me!

We got stuck in terrible traffic on the way home and I was so hungry so I ate some pistachios in the car and ate a late lunch.  I was worried that if I started fixing the kids lunch while I was starving I would start eating off of their plates. 

Lunch: Avocado/Tomato/Pepper salad with lime/olive oil dressing
This meal tasted great but I had a tough time with the avocados.  I don't mind how they taste but I struggle with the texture.  I am going to try to "treat" myself to a cup of tea while Sam is napping.  Hopefully that will take the place of a snack.  I am full but yet I want to eat.  That just seems so wrong!

No comments: