Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 4

I did not sleep very well last night.  I drank this detox tea in the morning which was the only thing I did differently otherwise I don't know why I had trouble staying asleep.  I cut out the tea today we will see how it goes. 

Breakfast : Grapefruit/carrot/ginger juice
It was good and satisfying but for some reason I was very hungry an hour later.  I ate half of my morning snack before yoga class and the other half after class.

When I got home I had to make lunch for the kids and it was hard not to take bites of that food.  Emelia had a friend over and she asked me to cut the crusts off her PB&J and it tool a lot to throw the crusts away instead of eating them.  I have come to realize that is my hardest time of day!  Weird!

What I realized today is that one of the reasons this feels so good is because I am doing something for myself.  I rarely do that.  I rarely make time to take care of me.  It feels like a victory!  What is funny is spending a little more time on myself has led me to be a better mom.  I am less cranky, more willing to play and generally less stressed.  Go figure!

Snack: Trail Mix
Lunch: Spiced Butternut Squash Soup

Dinner was really a hard time tonight.  I almost gave up.  I could not figure out how to peel the acorn squash in the recipe and I was frustrated and hungry and just cranky.  I was on the phone with my friend and we just stop and prayed and sure enough about five minutes later I got the squash peeled with a veggie peeler.  Weird, right?  Oh, I never think of the simplest things, I have to make life complicated.
Lunch: Spiced Butternut squash soup.  Delicious!

No comments: