Monday, September 15, 2008

Funk be gone

The good news is that I seem to be over my case of the funk, or as my mom would call it, the blue funk. (The blue funk for her though usually had something to do with menopause so I don't think I really had the blue funk.) We had a good weekend, busy but good. I still haven't ventured back to the gym but I have stopped eating everything in sight and as soon as noodle wakes up from her nap we are off to the gym. The weather has been really lovely this weekend so maybe my friend Thuy was right about my mood being effected by the dreary weather.

We started a new life group last night and I am so glad. It is so good to be in community with other Christians. It is funny because our group is really diverse, we have parents of 8 year olds, parents of triplets, parents-to-be and non-parents. We are all different ages and come from different laces but we all love the Lord so we instantly know there is a common denominator. It is just cool. The other cool thing is that coincidentally enough, none of us are from Omaha.

Okay, I have to actually get the kitchen cleaned still before sleeping beauty wakes up so see you later "agator" as Emelia says.

2 comments:

Thuy said...

Praise God for good days with good weather, E. And for what sounds like a great community group! I'm so glad the pink funk is lifting (I changed the color so that it doesn't bring menopause to mind...)

Thanks for your voice message today. I would have loved to call you back and talk for hours because I went back to work after a long lunch and the rest of the day sucked. I was "off my game" for the rest of the day, and had a tremendous case of pink funk for ten hours. My blog will tell you why.

I miss you a lot. I want to come over and eat chocolate-covered marshmallows (Russell Stover and not the cheap crap I bought) and maybe some Raisinets and Sour Patch Kids, all at the same time. We could go to the gym afterwards if that would make you feel better.

Michael C said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and that you found such a great group. It's pretty wild that none of you are from Omaha. I also just realized I missed like 2 of your posts, which is completely unacceptable by my standards ;-)