Monday, June 08, 2009

The beauty of the blog

I have a confession to make. Today during nap time I poured myself a glass of wine and read my blog from the beginning. What great perspective. I did make some observations though. Samuel is a more difficult baby as he is less easy going then Emelia was as an infant. I have also decided (and this should have been obvious but you know...) that it is harder with two. When Emelia was born I was able to do things while she slept. Now, when Samuel sleeps I try to play with Emmy or incorporate her in to my chores. (This is definitely a scam I am pulling on her but hopefully she will forgive me.) I do feel like Samuel is getting the shaft because I do not hold him, talk to him or play with him as much as I did with Emelia. Mostly I just want him to go to sleep so I can put him down and get something done. I need to work with him more. All things considered, I just forget that he is only 3 weeks old today. I feel sort of like he has been here forever so I think he should be going longer stretches at night and organizing his day into a more consistent schedule but he is just not there yet and that is okay. I am trying hard to just be okay with where life is and enjoy the little things as I said early on in my blog. I will hopefully be able to incorporate this new found perspective in to my life because things have been rather joyless of late. No matter what we do someone is not enjoying themselves. It is a tough road right now but I will be thankful for the perspective. I also looked at some early photos of Emelia and I think Samuel looks a lot like her.


5 comments:

Thuy said...

In the second photo, he looks so much like Emelia when she was a baby!

By the way, I love it when you blog.

britt said...

Sweet girl, I think often in life, it is the little things, the tiny moments of sweet bliss that keep up going. A joyful day when everyone is happy -- now that is like Christmas morning! And I don't even have kids!

Remember to give you and your family some latitude. You are making a huge adjustment bringing in a fourth member -- as you've said, it will get better. Savor the little bits along the way and keep sharing -- it's great to hear how you're doing. And you know I'm always here if you want to talk, vent, cry and everything in between. PS: You'll be proud of me -- I'm such a good crier these days. Embrace the emotional roller coaster -- I think those were your words during our PN days?! :)

Thuy said...

I am a fool. The second photo you posted WAS Emelia, right?

Kinda slow these days...

Manion Family said...

Wow, I just read through your last years of posts too!! I had lost this link in my favorites and JUST found it in the original e-mail you sent out 3 yrs ago!! Congrats on the 2nd little bubba! God Bless!
Kristi

Julie B said...

It is definitely more difficult with more than one but it does get a little easier. I say 'a little' because it has yet to become truly easier. It is so hard to balance and meet everyones needs. You are not alone in feeling this way!