Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dream Big

Okay so I know there are more important things in life than television and that goes double for "reality" television, but I am a sucker for an emotional moment. Last night's American Idol finale delivered for me. I LOVE David Cook. I love that he was unassuming, talented and a self-proclaimed "word nerd". I love a good come from behind story and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that he won!!!!!!! (Yes I am reduced to all caps and multiple exclamation points.) I have not pulled for someone on American Idol since Carrie Underwood. I have watched but not voted and on Tuesday I voted for an hour for David Cook fearing that really talented but irritating David Archuleta would win. I know he is great and I know he is sweet but for reasons I can't explain he makes me crazy. After Simon all but anointed him on Tuesday I knew I had to do my part or not complain about the results.

Jeff really had me going. We watched the finale off of the Tivo and he looked on the computer to see who won. When he told me the winner won by 12 million votes I knew it was Archuleta. There is no way that if Cook won he won by that much. I was in fact wrong, which only added to the drama!

Now on to So You Think You Can Dance which I also LOVE!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Thuy said...

David A drove me nuts too!!! Watching him sing made me feel weird. And I loved that David C cried last night! We're on the same page, my friend. We're on the same page!!!

Holly said...

I don't even get to watch the show but when stephanie and melissa told me about it, I was crying and had chills all over!!!
so, I'm pretty sure you are justified to have that be blog material!

Missy said...

Yes me too!!! And I totally thought of you and that fantastic Carrie Underwood season we lived out together :) I also voted for an hour for Cook, my first vote since our shared season, loving him and his great talent all the while. YAY!