Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What's worse

a husband with strep throat or 5 inches of snow? Poor Jeff is hardly ever sick but he came home yesterday just miserable and barely slept last night. Sent him to the doctor today and he came home with a "very positive" strep test and a prescription for the world's largest antibiotic. This means he is miserable and contagious so I have no baby backup. God bless Em she must have known and took a 2.5 hour nap today. Sweet baby girl is either thoughtful or on her way to getting sick. We will pretend she is thoughtful. Meanwhile it snowed all day yesterday which is no longer a big deal for me except when my dear husband can not shovel. I tried today but I pretty much suck at it.

I did busy myself during my snow day hanging new pictures. Here is my favorite one. This was taken at my friend's wedding and it captures the essence of our relationship.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this photo. And the joy in your face. Even though I know it was far from a joyful time in your life. But, by far, it was my absolute favoritist day of my life. And my heart swells when I think of why -- everyone who is important to us was there. Celebrating, laughing, smiling and reveling. What a beautiful gift.

Feel better Jeff! Do you have good Jewish delis in Omaha? Am I stupid for asking? If so, matzo ball soup cures everything. Okay maybe not. But it’s super comfort food.

Stephanie said...

Awesome picture!! I am sorry to hear about Jeff. I hope he starts feeling better soon and that neither you nor Em get it.

Courtney said...

What a great pic!

Holly said...

that is a GREAT picture!

Missy said...

I love this photo!! This is exactly how I remember you ... and your blog makes me miss you so much. Especially when I am home for a week feeling sorry for myself because I can do nothing but sit on the couch. I miss Jeffey too. Jeffey is the best.