Sunday, January 06, 2008

Don't look now but I think we have friends

It has been a banner week. Here's why... (You know I love a good list!)

1. Jeff was home for the first part of the week so that meant more daddy time for the punkin and me.
2. I got to watch the Rose Parade, love it!
3. I got invited to a playdate and a girls night out all on the same day which means I got to hang with other moms both with and without our kids, it doesn't get much better that that.
4. We got new blinds, I am currently typing this in my robe and our neighbors don't know it.
5. We got furniture for the living room and it was cheap and it was slightly nicked so it was even cheaper!
6. I went to the thrift store yesterday and bought some awesomely fun/unique things to decorate the newly furnished living room and it only cost me $30. (Holly thanks for the tip about Goodwill, the one on 84th and Giles had some great stuff.)
7.I bought my friend Thuy a pink spring coat from Ann Taylor at the Goodwill for $7.99. It is the cutest coat and I saw it and said who do I know that is an extra small petite, yes, my delightful friend Thuy!
8. All of the Christmas decorations have been put away.
9. We went to dinner at the home of one of Jeff's friends from work and had a great time. They have two girls and one is the same age as Emmy so miss Em had plenty of toys to play with. We took her with and had a great time and she ate like a champ and she didn't melt down even though we left an hour after her normal bedtime and well, it was lovely.
10. The dog has gone out and my coffee is done brewing and I am still the only one awake. I really enjoy a quiet morning to myself, just me and God.

God is so gracious and good, even though I fall short of His expectations every day He still blesses me abundantly.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You do have friends! Girls night out was so much fun! We need to get together again, but this time with your husband, so that I know HE does exist!

Stephanie said...

and here I am leaving another comment so you can check out my blog.

Anonymous said...

I must say that I feel awfully special making "the list". Can't wait to see the pink coat. But I can't wait to see you even more. Til March my friend!