Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Great Wal-Mart Adventure

So for my friends in California this post is going to make no sense because not only do we not go to Wal-Mart (can any of you tell me where the closest one is?) but we certainly don't get excited about going to Wal-Mart. But last week we had pretty bad weather, including an ice storm that left us without power again and really cold temps. Translation - no taking the baby outside. So I did not leave the house from Monday through Wednesday. I was getting a bit restless so my friend Lindsey and I packed up the babies and drove 25 miles to the nearest Super Wal-Mart to do our grocery shopping. IT WAS GREAT!!!! The women in the bakery told us both we looked to skinny to have babies that young - we bought some cupcakes from her to rectify that problem. We spent almost three hours there. It was like a trip to Disneyland for this cooped up mom. I saved 10 dollars in coupons and managed to get a cart full of groceries and household supplies for $156. YAHOO!!!

Then on Friday I went to the mall and had Starbucks, now we are really cookin! Then t top off my triumphant week Jeff took the first night feeding on Friday and Saturday night which meant six straight hours of sleep for me two nights in a row. I felt like a million bucks.

Wow, last week was a good week and this week is shaping up to be pretty good too. Emmy went six hours between feedings last night. That means we are working our way to sleeping through the night. Now that will be a gift from heaven. She has started smiling more and I think she may even be smiling at me. It is the cutest thing ever. She just gives this gummy grin. I will try to capture it with a picture.

Okay I have to run I need a bit more coffee before that next feeding.

No comments: