Monday, September 11, 2006

So Much to Tell

It seems like an eternity since I have posted anything so forgive me in advance for the length of this post.

Las Vegas was great. It was the perfect mix of doing nothing and doing stuff. We laid by the pool, my $16 Target maternity swimsuit did me well. Funny story... The very first day we got there I changed and then I went to find a place to put all of our stuff. I found a nice quiet spot next to a group of older couples and settled in. Now I had two motives for sitting near the older couple - one they looked about like I did in a swimsuit, two they were not smoking like chimneys like the younger couples gathered around the pool. I was pleased with my location. Then all of the sudden here comes this Nicki Hilton look-alike who plops down in the chair in front of me. I thought seriously out of the 480 chairs around this pool you had to sit next to me. She pulls off her clothes to reveal this perfect black bikini. Envy begins to course through my bloated veins. Finally after having been hit on by the world's least attractive guy she decides to move somewhere else and I thought thank goodness for small miracles. : )

We enjoyed some good food and some good shows and still managed to get lots of sleep which was really nice. We got back at 2:00 am Thursday morning. We slept in on Thursday and then had our second ultrasound. The great news is they didn't see the cyst in Emmy's little head this time. It appears as though she is progressing normally and everything looks good. God is so good. Thanks to all of my friends and family that prayed for us.

Thursday afternoon since I was already feeling guilty about not getting anything done we went and bought baby furniture. Once again the incredible growing Camry managed to fit three large boxes containing a crib and dresser/changer combo unit. That car never ceases to amaze me.

Saturday was our first childbirth class. WOW! It was a little bit crazy. We watched a video on labor and delivery and I nearly had a panic attack. I thought how will I ever be able to do this? How will I do this without my mom? Then I got so sad and then I tried not to cry which only made the panicky feelings worse. It was pretty bad for about twenty minutes. Then I got over it and things started to get better. I learned a lot about the whole birthing process that I did not know before. I had seen the movies and shoot I watched Rachel have a baby on Friends so I figured that was pretty much how it is. FYI - that is not accurate. I know you all aren't surprised, but I was a little taken aback. By the time class was over I felt a whole lot more prepared for what is to come.

We moved all of the furniture out of the baby's room and decided we needed to get new carpet so we did that. Hopefully it will be installed in the next few weeks. We started painting the room. By we, I mean Jeff. It was very hard for me to have no control over the painting process because Jeff does not share in my meticulous nature so he does things a bit different than I would but God love him he is working hard on it. It got the second coat this weekend and the trim painting should be finished by next weekend.

Saturday of this weekend was the second childbirth class. It was actually worse than the first. The first one was sort of here's what you can expect during childbirth and the second one was here is everything that could go wrong - vacuums, forceps and c-sections oh my! I am no longer scared of the pain now I want to just try to stick out the pain as long as I can because once you get the epidural you are confined to bed and it begins to up the need for interventional measures and c-sections. There is nothing wrong with a c-section, everyone in my family has had one except my cousin Julie, the recovery time is just longer which stinks. It isn't like you don't have enough to do without trying to recover from surgery on top of everything. I think poor Jeff was more freaked out than I was because he is scared something will happen to me. He is a very good man and practiced rubbing my back and breathing with me this weekend.

Other than all of that not much is going on. I have started to be able to see the baby kick on the outside which is funny, it looks like there is an alien in my belly. I am starting to feel really full and fat and slightly uncomfortable. I am sure that only gets worse but I am not complaining, simply commenting. I actually sort of like being pregnant aside from the morning sickness, heart burn and constipation. (Have I mentioned the constipation, Lord help me!)

Okay I am done for today...

No comments: